The aim was to explore and retrieve precipitation type and intensity by radar in cold regions, with the precipitation particle drop size analyzer and ground intensive measurements occurring simultaneously, thus making it possible to produce a high resolution precipitation dataset.
The 714XDP X-band dual-linear polarization Doppler weather radar was with a horizontal resolution of 150 m, an azimuth resolution of 1, VCP from 10-22 layers and the scanning cycle 10 minutes. ZH, ZDR and KDP could be acquired together. For more details, please refer to Readme file.
Chu Rongzhong, Zhao Guo, Hu Zeyong, Zhang Tong, Jia Wei. WATER: Dataset of the truck-mounted dual polarized doppler radar observations in the cold region hydrology experiment area. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0162.db
- Li X, Li XW, Li ZY, Ma MG, Wang J, Xiao Q, Liu Q, Che T, Chen EX, Yan GJ, Hu ZY, Zhang LX, Chu RZ, Su PX, Liu QH, Liu SM, Wang JD, Niu Z, Chen Y, Jin R, Wang WZ, Ran YH, Xin XZ, Ren HZ. Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009, 114(D22103), doi:10.1029/2008JD011590.Detail | Download
- Wang Liangxu, Wang Shuguo, Ran Youhua. Data Sharing and Data Set Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2014, 11(11):2020-2024. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2014.2319301Detail | Download
- Li X, Li XW, Roth K, Menenti M, Wagner W. Preface 'Observing and modeling the catchment scale water cycle'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 2011, 15(2): 597-601. doi:10.5194/hess-15-597-2011.Detail | Download
- Zhao G, Chu RZ, Zhang T, Jia W. Rainwater content estimated using polarimetric radar parameters in the Heihe River Basin. Atmospheric Research, 2013, 120-121: 155-161, 10.1016/j.atmosres.2012.08.011.Detail
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.
- The CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Action Plan for West Development Project (No. KZCX2-XB2-09)
- National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) (No. 2007CB714400)