Observation items included:
(1) Snow parameters such as snow depth, snow grain size by the handheld microscope, and snow density by the snow shovel
(2) Fresh snow albedo by the total radiometer
(3) Fresh snow spectrum by ASD
Two files including raw data and preprocessed data were archived.
Wang Jian, Ge Chunmei, Liu Yan, Shu Lele, Wang Xufeng, Xu Zhen, Zhu Shijie, Zhang Pu. WATER: Dataset of fresh snow properties observations at the temporary sampling plot in Qilian, in the Binggou watershed foci experimental area on Mar. 20, 2008. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Institute of Desert Meteorology, CMA, Urumqi. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0088.db
- Li X, Li XW, Li ZY, Ma MG, Wang J, Xiao Q, Liu Q, Che T, Chen EX, Yan GJ, Hu ZY, Zhang LX, Chu RZ, Su PX, Liu QH, Liu SM, Wang JD, Niu Z, Chen Y, Jin R, Wang WZ, Ran YH, Xin XZ, Ren HZ. Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009, 114(D22103), doi:10.1029/2008JD011590.Detail | Download
- Wang Liangxu, Wang Shuguo, Ran Youhua. Data Sharing and Data Set Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2014, 11(11):2020-2024. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2014.2319301Detail | Download
- Li X, Li XW, Roth K, Menenti M, Wagner W. Preface 'Observing and modeling the catchment scale water cycle'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 2011, 15(2): 597-601. doi:10.5194/hess-15-597-2011.Detail | Download
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.
- The CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Action Plan for West Development Project (No. KZCX2-XB2-09)
- National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) (No. 2007CB714400)