(1) the soil temperature by the handheld infrared thermometer from L1 to L8 (1km from one another) in Biandukou and soil moisture by ML2X; nine samples were collected every 200 m along each line (1.6km).
(2) 5 quadrates (50cm×50cm) investigations including GPS, the vegetation cover types and the height, the actual numbering, the valve bag numbering, wet weight+the refuse bag (g), dry weight+the envelope (g), the envelope (g) and the photo numbering.
The data were archived as Excel files.
Ma Mingguo, Cao Yongpan, Li Hongxing, Liu Chao, Ran Youhua, Wang Yang. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with the airborne microwave radiometers (L&K bands) mission in the Biandukou foci experimental area on Jul. 4, 2008. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Science. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0038.db
- Li X, Li XW, Li ZY, Ma MG, Wang J, Xiao Q, Liu Q, Che T, Chen EX, Yan GJ, Hu ZY, Zhang LX, Chu RZ, Su PX, Liu QH, Liu SM, Wang JD, Niu Z, Chen Y, Jin R, Wang WZ, Ran YH, Xin XZ, Ren HZ. Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009, 114(D22103), doi:10.1029/2008JD011590.Detail | Download
- Wang Liangxu, Wang Shuguo, Ran Youhua. Data Sharing and Data Set Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2014, 11(11):2020-2024. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2014.2319301Detail | Download
- Li X, Li XW, Roth K, Menenti M, Wagner W. Preface 'Observing and modeling the catchment scale water cycle'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 2011, 15(2): 597-601. doi:10.5194/hess-15-597-2011.Detail | Download
- Guang J, Xue Y, Yang L, Mei L, He X. A method for retrieving land surface reflectance using MODIS data. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2013, 6(3): 1564-1570.Detail Download
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.
- The CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Action Plan for West Development Project (No. KZCX2-XB2-09)
- National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) (No. 2007CB714400)