Observation items included the multi-layer (2m and 10m) wind speed and direction, the air temperature, precipitation, the four components of radiation, the surface infrared temperature, the multi-layer soil temperature (5cm, 10cm, 20cm, 40cm, 80cm and 160cm), soil moisture (5cm, 10cm, 20cm, 40cm, 80cm and 160cm) and soil heat flux (5cm & 10cm).
The raw data were level0 and the data after basic processes were level1; the data after strict quality control were defined as Level2. The data files were named as follows: station+datalevel+AMS+datadate.. As for detailed information, please refer to “Meteorological and Hydrological Flux Data Guide".
Li Xiaowen, Liu Shaomin, Ma Mingguo, Wang Weizhen, Huang Guanghui, Zhang Zhihui, Tan Junlei. WATER: Dataset of automatic meteorological observations at the Huazhaizi desert station. Beijing Normal University; Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0277.db
Related Publications (Recommended by Author)
- Xu T, Liu S, Xu L, Chen Y, Jia Z, Xu Z, Nielson J. Temporal Upscaling and Reconstruction of Thermal Remotely Sensed Instantaneous Evapotranspiration. Remote Sensing. 2015, 7(3):3400-3425. doi:10.3390/rs70303400Detail Download
- Li X, Li XW, Li ZY, Ma MG, Wang J, Xiao Q, Liu Q, Che T, Chen EX, Yan GJ, Hu ZY, Zhang LX, Chu RZ, Su PX, Liu QH, Liu SM, Wang JD, Niu Z, Chen Y, Jin R, Wang WZ, Ran YH, Xin XZ, Ren HZ. Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009, 114(D22103), doi:10.1029/2008JD011590.Detail | Download
- Wang Liangxu, Wang Shuguo, Ran Youhua. Data Sharing and Data Set Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2014, 11(11):2020-2024. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2014.2319301Detail | Download
- Li X, Li XW, Roth K, Menenti M, Wagner W. Preface 'Observing and modeling the catchment scale water cycle'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 2011, 15(2): 597-601. doi:10.5194/hess-15-597-2011.Detail | Download
- Zhu, Xiaohua, Zhao, Yingshi, Feng, Xiaoming. A methodology for estimating Leaf Area Index by assimilating remote sensing data into crop model based on temporal and spatial knowledge. Chinese Geographical Science, 2013, 23(5):550-561. doi:10.1007/s11769-013-0621-xDetail
- Ma CF, Wang WZ, Han XJ, Li X. Soil moisture retrieval in the Heihe River Basin based on the real thermal inertia method. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2013, 10.1109/JSTARS.2013.2252149.Detail
- Yu, S., X. Xin, and Q. Liu. 2013. Estimation of clear-sky longwave downward radiation from HJ-1B thermal data. Science China Earth Sciences 56:829-842.Detail
- Pan XD, Li X, Shi XK, Han XJ, Luo LH, Wang LX. Dynamic downscaling of near-surface air temperature at the basin scale using WRF–a case study in the Heihe River Basin, China. Frontiers of Earth Science, 2012, 6(3): 314-323, doi: 10.1007/s11707-012-0306-2.Detail Download
- Li XM, Lu L, Yang WF, Cheng GD. Estimation of evapotranspiration in an arid region by remote sensing—A case study in the middle reaches of the Heihe River Basin. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 2012, 17: 85-93, doi:10.1016/j.jag.2011.09.008.Detail
- Yu WP, Ma MG, Wang XF, Song Y, Tan JL. Validation of MODIS land surface temperature products using ground measurements in the Heihe River Basin, China. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 2011, 8174. doi:10.1117/12.897571.Detail
- Pan XD, Li X. Validation of WRF model on simulating forcing data for Heihe River Basin. Sciences in Cold and Arid Regions, 2011, 3(4): 344-357, doi: 10.3724/SP.J.1226.2011.00344.Detail Download
- Huang GH, Ma MG, Liang SL, Liu SM, Li X. A LUT-based approach to estimate surface solar irradiance by combining MODIS and MTSAT data. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2011, 116(D22201), doi:10.1029/2011JD016120.Detail
- Ma WQ, Ma YM, Hu ZY, Su B, Wang JM, Ishikawa H. Estimating surface fluxes over middle and upper streams of the Heihe River Basin with ASTER imagery. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 2011, 15(5): 1403-1413. doi:10.5194/hess-15-1403-2011.Detail Download
- Liu Q, Wang MY, Zhao YS. Assimilation of ASAR data with a hydrologic and semi-empirical backscattering coupled model to estimate soil moisture. Chinese Geographical Science, 2010, 20(3): 218-225.Detail Download
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.
- National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) (No. 2007CB714400)
- The CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Action Plan for West Development Project (No. KZCX2-XB2-09)