The key site in the forest hydrology experimental area and the upper stream arid region hydrology experimental area of the Heihe river basin was chosen. It mainly included vicinity of Linze township and that of Zhangye city. The observation items were the forest, the farmland (with patches of single vegetation), the grassland (with patches of single vegetation) and the bare land, all with an area of at least 90m×90m. 42 points were selected, including maize with ears and maize without ears, the beet, the cabbage and the pea.
For another observation aim, the relationship between soil reflectance and the metallic element content, 49 bare land points were selected, and biochemical parameters including chlorophyll consistency, the leaf area, water content (green weight and dry weight), and LAI were measured by GARMIN GPS 76. The data were archived as .txt files.
(1) chlorophyll consistency both by portable SPAD and by acetone method, archived as .txt files
(2) the leaf area by LI-3000 and by LAI-2000 respectively, archived as .txt files
(3) photosynthesis by LI-6400 from Institute of Remote Sensing Applications. Raw data were archived in the user-defined format (by notepat.exe) and processed data were as Excel files.
(4) ground object reflectance spectra by ASD FieldSpec (350～2500 nm) from Institute of Remote Sensing Applications. The reference grey board was used. The maize canopy reflectance was collected at the height of 3m with the help of bamboo poles. Soil reflectance (bare land preferred) was measured at three points by the same way at a hight of 40cm.. Raw data were binary files direct from ASD (by ViewSpecPro), which were recorded daily in detail, and pre-processed data on reflectance were in .txt format.
(5) radiometric calibration by ASD FieldSpec (350～2500 nm) from Remote Sensing Institute. The reference grey board was used. The cement playground of Hexi University was chosen as the bright target and the dark water target was chosen in a park in Zhangye city. Raw data were binary files direct from ASD (by ViewSpecPro), which were recorded daily in detail, and pre-processed data on reflectance were in .txt format.
This data set provides reliable ground data for developing and validating retrieval methods of biophysical parameters from EO-1 Hyperion images.
Data Citation Niu Zheng, Qin Yuchu, Wu Chaoyang, Yuan Jinguo, Zhan Yulin, Dong Jingjing, Lu Peng. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurements synchronizing with EO-1 Hyperion in the Yingke oasis foci experimental area from Sep. 5 to Sep. 10, 2007, during the pre-observation period. Institute of Remote Sensing Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0190.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.