(1) Atmospheric parameters in Huazhaizi desert No. 2 plot from CE318 (produced by CIMEL in France). The total optical depth, aerosol optical depth, Rayleigh scattering coefficient, column water vapor in 936 nm, particle size spectrum and phase function were then retrieved from these observations. The optical depth in 1020nm, 936nm, 870nm, 670nm and 440nm were all acquired by CE318. Those data include the raw data in k7 format and can be opened by ASTPWin. ReadMe.txt is attached for details. Processed data (after retrieval of the raw data) in Excel format are on optical depth, Rayleigh scattering, aerosol optical depth, the horizontal visibility, the near surface air temperature, the solar azimuth, zenith, solar distance correlation factors, and air column mass number.
(2) Radiative temperature of maize, wheat and the bare land (in Yingke oasis maize field), vegetation and the bare land (Huazhaizi desert No. 2 plot) by the thermal cameras at a height of 1.2m above the ground. Optical photos of the scene were also taken. Raw data (read by ThermaCAM Researcher 2001) was archived in IMG format and radiative files are stored in Excel format. .
(3) Photosynthesis by LI6400 in Yingke oasis maize field, carried out according to WATER specifications. Raw data were archived in the user-defined format (by notepat.exe) and processed data were in Excel format.
(4) Ground object reflectance spectra in Yingke oasis maize field, Huazhaizi maize field, Huazhaizi desert No. 1 and 2 plots, by ASD FieldSpec (350～2500 nm) from Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (IRSA), CAS. Raw data were binary files direct from ASD (by ViewSpecPro), which were recorded daily in detail, and pre-processed data on reflectance were in .txt format.
(5) The radiative temperature in Huazhaizi desert No. 2 plot by the handheld infrared thermometer (BNU and IRSA). Raw data, blackbody calibrated data and processed data (in Excel format) were all archived.
(6) FPAR (Fraction of Photosynthetically Active Radiation) by SUNSACN and the digital camera in Yingke oasis maize field. FPAR= (canopyPAR－surface transmissionPAR－canopy reflection PAR+surface reflectionPAR) /canopy PAR; APAR=FPAR* canopy PAR. Data were archived in Excel format.
(7) The radiative temperature of the maize canopy by the automatic thermometer (FOV: 10°; emissivity: 0.95) mearsued at nadir with an time intervals of 1s in Huazhaizi desert maize field. Raw data, blackbody calibrated data and processed data were all archived as Excel files.
(8) Maize albedo from two shortwave radiometer in Yingke oasis maize field. R =10H (R for FOV radius; H for the probe height). Data were archived in Excel format.
Data Citation Xin Xiaozhou, Yan Guangjian, Li Li, Li Hua, Liu Sihan, Xia Chuanfu, Zhou Chunyan, Zhou Mengwei, Ren Huazhong, Chen Ling, Wang Tianxing, Yang Guijun, Li Xiaoyu, Liu Liangyun, Cheng Zhanhui. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with the airborne WiDAS mission in the Yingke oasis and Huazhaizi desert steppe foci experimental areas on Jul. 11, 2008. Beijing Normal University; Institute of Remote Sensing Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences; National Engineering Research Center for Information Technology in Agriculture; South China Agricultural University; Center for Earth Observation and Digital Earth, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0133.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.