Observation items included:
(1) Snow backscattering coefficient by the scatterometer
(2) Snow parameters as the snow surface temperature by the probe thermometer, snow grain size by the handheld microscope, snow density by the snow shovel, the snow surface temperature and the snow-soil interface temperature by the handheld infrared thermometer in BG-I.
(3) The snow spectrum by the portable ASD (Xinjiang Meteorological Administration) at the Dadongshu mountain pass; the major and minor axis and shape of the snow layer grain through the snow sieve.
(4) Snow albedo by the total radiometer from 10:29 to 15:00
(5) Snow density, snow complex permittivity, snow volumetric moisture and snow gravimetric moisture by the Snowfork at the Dadongshu mountain pass
Two subfolders including raw data and preprocessed data were archived.
Data Citation Chen Yan, Liu Zengcan, Qin Wei, Ma Mingguo, Jin Rui, Chang Cun, Dou Yan, Jiang Tenglong, Ma Zhongguo, Shu Lele, Wang Xufeng, Xu Zhen, Zhu Shijie, Zhang Pu. WATER: Dataset of ground-based microwave scatterometer and snow parameter observations in the Binggou watershed experimental area on Mar. 16, 2008. University of Electronic Science and Technology of China ; Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Xinjiang Institute of Ecology and Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Nanjing University; Institute of Desert Meteorology, CMA, Urumqi. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0085.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.