Observation items included:
(1) GPS by GARMIN GPS 76
(2) LAI by LAI-2000
(3) photosynthesis measured by LI6400 from Linze station carried out according to WATER specifications. Raw data were archived in the user-defined format , which can be opened by notepat and processed by Excel.
(4) object spectrum of typical ground objects measured by ASD FieldSpec Spectroradiometer (350～2 500 nm) from Gansu Meteorological Administration. The reference whiteboard was attached therein. Raw spectral data were archived as binary files, which were recorded daily in detail, and pre-processed data on reflectance were archived as text files (.txt).
(5) infrared temperature measured by the handheld infrared thermometer from Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, which was calibrated. The infrared temperature of the crown, the vertical canopy, 45 degrees frontlight and backlight were measured respectively. The data were archived as Excel files.
(6) soil profile (0-10cm, 10-20cm, 20-40cm and 40-60cm), and soil moisture measured by the cutting ring method. Profile photos were taken meanwhile.
(7) quadrate (1m×1m) investigations, including the quadrate number, species, quantities, coverage, the total quadrate coverage, the mean height, biomass number, the total green weight and the total dry weight.
(8) repeated measurements on chlorophyll content of different species measured by SPAD 502.
(9) photos taken by Nikon D80 with a lens of Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG CIRCULAR FISHEYE, shooting straight downwards at the height of 1.5m
(10) atmospheric parameters at Daman Water Management office measured by CE318 (produced by CIMEL in France). The total optical depth, aerosol optical depth, Rayleigh scattering coefficient, column water vapor in 936 nm, particle size spectrum and phase function were then retrieved from these observations. The optical depth in 1020nm, 936nm, 870nm, 670nm and 440nm were all acquired by CE318. Those data include the raw data in .k7 and can be opened by ASTPWin. ReadMetext files (.txt) is attached for detail. Processed data (after retrieval of the raw data) in Excel are on optical depth, rayleigh scattering, aerosol optical depth, the horizontal visibility, the near surface air temperature, the solar azimuth, zenith, solar distance correlation factors, and air column mass number.
Data Citation Che Tao, Liu Qiang, Li Xin, Su Peixi, Bai Yunjie, Ding Songshuang, Gao Song, Han Xujun, Hao Xiaohua, Jin Rui, Li Hongyi, Li Xin, Li Zhe, Liang Ji, Pan Xiaoduo, Qin Chun, Ran Youhua, Wang Xufeng, Wu Yueru, Yan Qiaodi, Zhang Lingmei, Fang Li, Li Hua, Wen Jianguang, Ma Hongwei, Yan Yeqing, Yuan Xiaolong. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurements synchronizing with Envisat ASAR in the Linze station foci experimental area from Sep. 12 to Sep. 15, 2007 during the pre-observation period. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Institute of Remote Sensing Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Lanzhou University. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0191.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.