(1) Wulidun farmland quadrates (90m×90m), which was divided into nine subplots (30m×30m). Numbering of Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute was different from that of BNU, in which the former was 1-9 from south to north, and the latter was A-I from north to south.
(2) the west-east desert strip, which was composed of 20 neighbouring pairs of subplots (30×30m). They were numbered S0-S20 from the south corner on and N0-N20 from the north corner on; the common corner points in the middle were numbered M0-M20. Corner points were measured during the satellite or airplane overpass.
(3) the north-south desert strip, which was composed of nine non-conterminous subplots (40m×40m, numbered from A1-A9) at intervals of 60m. Corner points and center points were measured during the satellite or airplane overpass.
(4) three quadrates (30m×30m) of the transit zone, LY06，LY07，LY08 strips. Samples were selected following the zigzag line from the northwest corner and numbered 1-9.
(5) the poplar forest (90×90m), which was divided into 9 subplots (30m×30m).
(6) 6 desert strips with 17 sample points each.
(7) maize plots (3m×3m) inside Linze station.
Data including coordinates of each sample point were archived as Excel files.
Data Citation Song Yi. WATER: Dataset of setting of the sampling plots and stripes in the Linze station foci experimental area. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Science. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0270.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.