(1) Atmospheric parameters on the ICBC resort office roof by CE318 (produced by CIMEL in France). The total optical depth, aerosol optical depth, Rayleigh scattering coefficient, column water vapor in 936 nm, particle size spectrum and phase function were then retrieved from these observations. The optical depth in 1020nm, 936nm, 870nm, 670nm and 440nm were all acquired by CE318. Those data include the raw data in k7 format and can be opened by ASTPWin. ReadMe.txt is attached for detail. Processed data (after retrieval of the raw data) in Excel format are on optical depth, rayleigh scattering, aerosol optical depth, the horizontal visibility, the near surface air temperature, the solar azimuth, zenith, solar distance correlation factors, and air column mass number.
(2) Ground object reflectance spectra f new-born rape and the bare land in Biandukou foci experimental area by ASD FieldSpec (350~2500 nm) from BNU. Raw data were binary files direct from ASD (by ViewSpecPro), and pre-processed data on reflectance were in Excel format.
(3) Soil moisture (0-40cm) by the cutting ring and the soil temperature (0-40cm) by the thermocouple in Huazhaizi desert No. 1 plot and the windbreak forest; and soil moisture and the soil temperature (0-100cm) in Yingke oasis maize field. Data were archived in Excel format.
(4) LAI. The maximum leaf length and width of each alfalfa and barley were measured. Data were archived in Excel format.
(5) Coverage of maize and wheat in Yingke oasis maize field, of vegetation (Reaumuria soongorica) in Huazhaizi desert No. 1 and 2 plots by the self-made coverage instrument and the camera (2.5m-3.5m above the ground). Based on the length of the measuring tape and the bamboo pole, the size of the photo can be decided GPS date were also collected and the technology LAB was applied to retrieve the coverage of the green vegetation. Besides, such related information as surroundings environment was also recorded. Data included the primarily measured image and final fraction of vegetation coverage.
Data Citation Yan Guangjian, Xin Xiaozhou, Wang Jianhua, Ren Huazhong, Chen Ling, Qian Yonggang, Wang Haoxing, Guang Jie, Li Li, Zhang Yang, Zhou Chunyan, Tao Xin, Yan Binyan, Yao Yanjuan, Ge Yingchun, Shu Lele, Xu Zhen. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with EO-1 Hyperion in the Yingke oasis and Huazhaizi desert steppe foci experimental areas on May 25, 2008. Beijing Normal University; Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Institute of Remote Sensing Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Peking University. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0122.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.