Observation items included:
(1) soil profile moisture and temperature (0-5cm, 0-5cm, 10-20cm, 20-40cm and 40-60cm) with photos measured twice by the cutting ring method (50cm^3, each layer), once by ML2X Soil Moisture Tachometer and the probe thermometer (15cm, twice each layer) on Jun. 3, 2008. Data were archived as Excel files.
(2) shallow layer soil moisture (0-5cm) measured once by the cutting ring method (50cm^3, once each point) and twice by ML2X Soil Moisture Tachometer on Jun. 4, 2008. 13 points were selected and data were archived as Excel files.
(3) LAI by TRAC on Jul. 20, 2008. Data were archived as Excel files.
(4) roughness measured by the roughness plate together with the digital camera. 18 points were selected and data were archived in JPG format format.
(5) forest investigation of Populus gansuensis from Jun. 5-13, 2008: coordinates, the diameter at breast height and the crown size by the measuring tape, full height by TruPulse200. 408 trees were selected and data were archived as Excel files.
See the metadata record “WATER: Dataset of setting of the sampling plots and stripes in the Linze station foci experimental area” for more information of the quadrate locations.
Data Citation Qian Jinbo, Song Yi, Wang Yang, Bai Yanfen, Hao Xiaohua, Ding Songshuang, Pan Xiaoduo, Wang Zhixia, Zhu Shijie. WATER: Dataset of survey at the poplar sampling plot in the Linze station foci experimental area. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0110.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.