(1) FPAR (Fraction of Photosynthetically Active Radiation) of maize and wheat by SUNSACN and the digital camera in Yingke oasis maize field. FPAR= (canopyPAR－surface transmissionPAR－canopy reflection PAR+surface reflectionPAR) /canopy PAR; APAR=FPAR* canopy PAR. Data were archived in the table format of Word.
(2) BRDF of maize by ASD (350～2 500 nm) from Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (CAS) and the self-made multi-angluar observation platform of BNU make in Yingke oasis maize field. The maximum height of the platform was 5m above the ground with the azimuth 0~360° and the zenith angle -60°~60°. An automatic thermometer was attached to the platform for the multiangle radiative temperature. Raw data were binary files direct from ASD (by ViewSpecPro), and pre-processed data on reflectance were in Excel.
(3) The radiative temperature of the maize canopy by the automatic thermometer (emissivity: 0.95),at a hight of 50cm from the crown in Yingke oasis maize field. Raw data, blackbody calibrated data and processed data were all archived in Excel format.
(4) Atmospheric parameters at the resort by CE318 (produced by CIMEL in France). The total optical depth, aerosol optical depth, Rayleigh scattering coefficient, column water vapor in 936 nm, particle size spectrum and phase function were then retrieved from these observations. The optical depth in 1020nm, 936nm, 870nm, 670nm and 440nm were all acquired by CE318. Those data include the raw data in k7 format and can be opened by ASTPWin. ReadMe.txt is attached for details. Processed data (after retrieval of the raw data) in Excel format are on optical depth, rayleigh scattering, aerosol optical depth, the horizontal visibility, the near surface air temperature, the solar azimuth, zenith, solar distance correlation factors, and air column mass number.
(5) The multiangle radiative temperature by the automatic thermometer (emissivity: 1.0) attached on the observation platform, at an interval of 0.05s. The data were archived in .txt files (.dat format). The first seven lines were the header file, including acquisition date, time, and intervals; besides, Time (starting time), TObj (target temperature), Tint (the interior temperature of the probe), TBox (the temperature of the box) and Tact (the actual temperature calculated from the given emissivity) were also listed.
Data Citation Xin Xiaozhou, Ren Huazhong, Chen Ling, Xiao Yueting, Yan Guangjian, Su Gaoli, Wu Mingquan, Wu Chaoyang, Xia Chuanfu, Zhou Chunyan, Zhou Mengwei, Shen Xinyi, Yang Guijun. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with PROBA CHRIS in the Yingke oasis and Huazhaizi desert steppe foci experimental areas on Jul. 1, 2008. Institute of Remote Sensing Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Beijing Normal University; Peking University; National Engineering Research Center for Information Technology in Agriculture. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0131.db
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.