The Envisat ASAR data were in AP mode and VV/VH polarization combinations, and the overpass time was approximately at 11:17 (Beijing Time). The observation item was soil moisture by TDR ( the probe with a length of 5cm) in the maize plot of Yingke oasis station, the wheat plot and some temporary sample points (details in GPS.txt).
Ge Yingchun, Shu Lele, Xia Chuanfu, Zhou Mengwei. WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with the airborne LiDAR mission and Envisat ASAR in the Yingke oasis and Huazhaizi desert steppe foci experimental areas on Jun. 19, 2008. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Institute of Remote Sensing Applications, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 2008. doi:10.3972/water973.0128.db
- Li X, Li XW, Li ZY, Ma MG, Wang J, Xiao Q, Liu Q, Che T, Chen EX, Yan GJ, Hu ZY, Zhang LX, Chu RZ, Su PX, Liu QH, Liu SM, Wang JD, Niu Z, Chen Y, Jin R, Wang WZ, Ran YH, Xin XZ, Ren HZ. Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009, 114(D22103), doi:10.1029/2008JD011590.Detail | Download
- Wang Liangxu, Wang Shuguo, Ran Youhua. Data Sharing and Data Set Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2014, 11(11):2020-2024. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2014.2319301Detail | Download
- Li X, Li XW, Roth K, Menenti M, Wagner W. Preface 'Observing and modeling the catchment scale water cycle'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 2011, 15(2): 597-601. doi:10.5194/hess-15-597-2011.Detail | Download
- Yu F, Li HT, Gu HY, Han YS. Assimilating ASAR data for estimating soil moisture profile using an ensemble Kalman filter. Chinese Geographical Science, 2013: doi: 10.1007/s11769-013-0623-8.Detail
The dataset is generated from the "Watershed Airborne Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER) “, the user must have a clear statement in the article of the original data source and adopt the reference style providing by the metadata in the References section.
- The CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Action Plan for West Development Project (No. KZCX2-XB2-09)
- National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) (No. 2007CB714400)